The Coven of the Wyld Moon focuses on Shamanic Witchcraft. Our practice contains a blending of Modern Shamanic Ceremony and rituals, Hermetic principles, and Progressive Witchcraft Ritual formats.
We are an online coven, meeting monthly via zoom to discuss our current spiritual development and to support each other. All members in the outer court are welcome to participate online. If you are local, we will meet for some Sabbats for in-person ritual. However this is not required. Most outer circle Ceremony practice takes place via Community Events in the Wyld Academy and community Participation in the Wyld Community. Although we provide support and some learning we are not a teaching coven and we expect that each participant already has an established personal practice. If you are looking to learn, the Wyld Academy offers many learning opportunities.
The focus of our coven is:
- Individual Spiritual Development and Exploration including ancestor work
- Outside Community Support
- Shadow Work & Energetic Balance
- Creating a relationship with Spirit Helpers and fostering a strong bond for medicine work, Journeying and Ceremony.
- Creating a Coven Community that is supportive and promotes personal development with support and guidance.
If you are interested in becoming an outer court seeker, your best bet is to begin participating online and engaging with our group. We are not interested in members who remain disengaged, so in order to get to know you better and for you to get to know us better, participation is key. We are extremely selective in the members we choose to join our ranks so the more we know about you, the better your chances of making it in.
If you decide to begin an initiatory practice (Inner Court) after you have been accepted into our Outer Court any member from our CotWM Elder Council. You and your elder sponsor can work together to determine whether initiatory practice is right for you and the requirements needed to make sure you are ready for this practice and growth. This is the path of Initiatory practice we use:
- Dedication – Outer circle membership – this is the first step to begin your spiritual path. Focus on the basics of Spiritual Practice and Ceremony.
- Seeker – Inner Circle Membership – this is your first full initiation – Focus on Personal Energy & Spiritual Development as well as establishing a solid ancestor practice through personal work and Ceremony.
- Practitioner – Working with Spirit via Totems, Guides, plant spirits, Gods/Goddesses and Shadow Work through Ceremony and personal work. Attaining Practitioner status also makes you eligible to become a Certified Wyld Path Practitioner.
- Eldership – Focus on group work via leading ceremony and rituals and working with the Coven Community in Mentoring, Guiding and Spirit Medicine. Teaching is also a strong component of Eldership and you will become eligible to become a Certified Wyld Path Teacher.
- High Priest/ess – Working with the outside community in the role of Clergy. This includes leading a coven, leading community Ceremony, and guiding and mentoring those in the community. You are required to receive and maintain your certifications of Wyld Path Practitioner and Teacher, as a Third Degree HP/S.
All initiations MUST take place in person – there are no exceptions to this rule. Each initiation will be unique to the petitioner and their personal and spiritual development and focus. Generally these ceremonies take place over a weekend, in a retreat format in North Carolina. This is a long process of personal development. The MINIMUM time between each step is a year and a day. This allows you to work with the entire wheel of the year at each step of initiation.
Your first step before you petition to join the outer Court is to enroll in the
Fundamentals of Shamanic Witchcraft Course in the Wyld Academy, begin participating in our community events and reach out to one of our elders!